September 11, 2011

At restaurant, with parents

My parents are humble people. They came from a small town, five hours away from where we currently are. Since then, they worked to buy their own things, from zero, and to raise four children. They worked so hard for years, but now they are in a transition time when people should stop working and enjoy life the way they couldn't before.

The problem with raising so many children is that everything involving all the family can be very expensive and a way to save some money is to buy those food which can safisty six people within a reasonable price. Now everyone is grown up and have their life running on, but my parents are so used to that life that they need some help with taking the first steps.

Well, as my sisters and their attachments (a.k.a. boyfriends) are not here, I asked them if they didn't want to have dinner in a restaurant. There are some suggestions of restaurants close to where we are, but their argument is that they are expensive. So I suggested a cheap chinese restaurant, Chi Fu, and they embraced the idea.

It took a while to dress up and finally leave, when I found out the restaurant's calling time is 22h. It was ten to nine post meridiem. We left, and while dad was driving us, I was  wondering if we could arrive in time and making strategies to make it work and eventually considering a B plan.

We got there and Chi Fu was still open and full of people, fortunately. We found a free table at the end of the restaurant hall and we looked over the menu. There were many options and I adviced them that each portion can satisfy well the three of us. So we ordered pasta with seafood. In the meanwhile, a couple arrived at the restaurant and as there were no more tables, the waiter asked us if we could share a table. The asian woman and the man with a cap discreetly took their places.

We ate the food and got all satisfied. I think mom loved the place and dad loved the price. She was even thinking on taking my uncle and aunt there. They are farmers, and like my parents, they are not used to going to restaurant either. I'm happy and proud of them, since they broke this mind barrier and actually went to a restaurant without hesitating and worry much about money the way they would, some years ago.

No comments:

Who

My photo
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Open-minded, skeptical and daydreamer.

What

Wishes

  • A motorcycle
  • A monocycle

Why

The theme was started by looking through some Maurits Cornelis Escher pictures, which are physically impossible to exist, but definately possible to be drawn, when the Horseman picture was found.
To fit this background, some arabic/islamic pictures were seen when I finally found the current header one, which fits perfectly into the arabic/islamic idea of the Escher picture and the idea of traveling as a need, for ponderings and reflections, and how one's decision makes part of other's life.

Wdiget