October 07, 2006

Athletism

When I was a child, I used to run quite well. I was obsessed with speed and stuff. But then, lack of train and time made me stop it.
Along all this year, I was thinking on practice something, so I would not stand so still.
This week, e-mailing IME athletism DM, I told him I would like to train something and then he sent me a weekly train schedule at CEPE-USP. It was this Wednesday afternoon and the next train was Friday, once wednesday had already done.
Then, it was already Friday, yesterday. After class, I met Nobu, who was going to train too, and Oki. Nobu was going to drive his car and Oki, was going there alone.. so I got a lift. He was going there to get along with his friends, but he came along until the train begins. On the way, I met Cristiano. He was also going to start the training. Nelson and Hélio was there too.
We, the newbies ones, had a test to know how we were doing and stuff. We had to run ten times around the path. I tried my best, but tiredness lead me give in some laps. It's been a long time I didn't practice anything, in the end.
Well.. improvement is a matter of practicing.

No comments:

Who

My photo
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Open-minded, skeptical and daydreamer.

What

Wishes

  • A motorcycle
  • A monocycle

Why

The theme was started by looking through some Maurits Cornelis Escher pictures, which are physically impossible to exist, but definately possible to be drawn, when the Horseman picture was found.
To fit this background, some arabic/islamic pictures were seen when I finally found the current header one, which fits perfectly into the arabic/islamic idea of the Escher picture and the idea of traveling as a need, for ponderings and reflections, and how one's decision makes part of other's life.

Wdiget