July 26, 2010

Baby shower

Today I went to two highschool friends, Anderson and Massae's baby shower. When I told my mom about it, she found it weird because baby showers are supposed to be a women only event. Well, I guess we're a cool circle of friends and so guys were also invited! Haha

I picked a bedside lamp to give her as a gift. So yesterday I went to Conibase, a construction store a few steps away from home. I found a few lamps there, but the slightly cute ones were not really that clean: they were covered with dust! It's such a no no. So I decided to go to the shops in and around Shopping Butantã, but no luck. That's when I decided I had to check at Consolação Avenue and once I was there, I got surprised with so many options! After walking various shops, I finally found one which had a round lamp made with a light metal and some kind of thick cloth with some small animals on a pink and white background. Btw, I couldn't test it beforehand, so I don't know if it works well! I'm worried now, I'll write and send Anderson an email...

No comments:

Who

My photo
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Open-minded, skeptical and daydreamer.

What

Wishes

  • A motorcycle
  • A monocycle

Why

The theme was started by looking through some Maurits Cornelis Escher pictures, which are physically impossible to exist, but definately possible to be drawn, when the Horseman picture was found.
To fit this background, some arabic/islamic pictures were seen when I finally found the current header one, which fits perfectly into the arabic/islamic idea of the Escher picture and the idea of traveling as a need, for ponderings and reflections, and how one's decision makes part of other's life.

Wdiget